It may not be Thanksgiving in Manila or HK but I am thankful for the life I have and the people I'm surrounded (physically, emotionally and virtually).
1) Visiting perks
- Ups: Got to go home and sleep on my own bed (!) and just relax for the whole weekend
- Downs: Didn't get to do my pre-reserved massage: Came on time at the said time but the receptionist didn't inform me that we had to shower and sauna before the appointment time (!); we never had this sort of thing with the other places and Ed and I have been to and was trying this new place out; they basically saw that we weren't there before 5pm, our couples room was given away (!)
- Ups: Got to see my parents, hung out with my mom Saturday afternoon running some errands, visited my NR (no reaction) nephew and be with Ed for two days (Ed took the Saturday off so we were able to meet up earlier).
- Downs: I didn't get to meet up with the rest of the Chan clan on Friday night since it would be too tight for met to make it for their dinner celebration of a cousin's upcoming wedding in Jan 2007.
- Ups: Ed and I were in an adventurous mood that weekend and thus got to try some great foods and newly opened restos.
- Downs: Wished we went to our favorites or tested places instead...Got to try some not so great foods...got a stomach flu after coming back...I think it's the baby clams pasta that I had...really came down badly; I wasn't able to sleep the whole night!
- Ups: Good thing that I got home already before I realized that I got a stomach flu from the food I had for lunch before I flew back to HK.
- Downs: Flight was delayed for 45 minutes and I didn't call to check if there was a delay...so I was basically in the airport (already cleared by customs and immigration) for 2 full hours...I almost died from boredom and dozed on and off at the table in the lounge (thank goodness for lounges).
5) Saving the best for last...
- Ups: Ed and I are getting married!!!
Ed proposed last Friday when we met up for after-dinner coffee - which he for some odd reason, insisted that we SHOULD go out no matter what(!!!) ; was just happy to see "my beautiful ring" (up to my specifications in style) that now I'm not sure if I really said yes to his question...I believe I did but the question didn't garner a yes or a no...more in the lines of I agree or disagree (Hahahaha!). Ed told me that he doesn't believe that I said yes...but since he proposed in a non-conventional manner, him putting the ring on my finger is a sign that I meant "yes". My funny fiance...I can finally get all this anticipation of the moment off of my chest and focus on the impending holidays & the upcoming wedding! These are the new adventures and beginnings for Ed and me...together forever. :D
- Downs: Planning for a wedding this year is a tough feat since a lot of the places in Manila are pretty much booked up already till 2008 (!) but we are progressing slowly...getting it somewhat done through baby steps.