Ed's visit was great thus I wasn't able to fully do a lot of layouts for this week. I feel so slow and uncreative...but I did have a fun-filled wekend..including the May 1 holiday!
I'll be training some new colleagues in the office. Ah...where have the days gone...now the trainee IS the trainer...:P
* worked but met Ed for lunch - went to the "tomato soup" hawker place to have soup& noodles...love this place!
* after that, we adjusted his watch...which was quick
* had dinner at Bricolage 62 ~ good bistro for casual/no brainer dinners and had some good wine to start the weekend: Ed had the red that was wonderful and I had the white, which I enjoyed too! Speciality of the place is their Chili Burger (for me), while Ed got the Mini Burger samplers - Lamb burger (they also have Veal/Seafood/Beef burgers) ...we should try the Duck Confit and the Cornfed Chicken, next trip...love the place...small and quaint; Ed loved the Jap movie on the projector...we gotta go back again...a bit in a rush since the place was packed
* Ed's bro came after dinner and we went off to have XTC on Ice ice cream; Ed got the Chocolate Drop & I had the Blu (shortcut for Blueberry as what we were told) before retiring - we were all pretty tired since monthend was looming around the corner
* went around CWB early since Ed wanted a headstart on things
* lunched at Delicious Kitchen (definitely delicious)
* Ed shopped around - finally bought a really shirt from Zara ~ good that the shirt that we first saw at Giordano didn't have his size already else I'm sure he will not get two shirts)
* had afternoon tea at Agnes B, the old branch, with Ed so he can meet my pal there, Terri --> they finally got to see each other and Ed finally got to check out where I hung out often when I'm alone over here...desserts were great and I finally found another nice tea to have - CasaBlanca (Moroccan Mint tea)
* had late dinner at Isola --> we got all "dolled-up" & "groomed-up" to have a special date night together...Ed ordered the lamb chops, which were just melting in our mouths (wow!) while I ordered the pizza (I had bad cravings for this)...Ed enjoyed my white wine than the one at Bricolage, one of the best dinners we have had for a long time (!)
* had Sunday Dim Sum with Ed, his brother and my good pal, Donna (she just moved to HK so I'm showing her around and let her know where to get her stuff)
* after lunch, I help Donna shop for her office cloths and some IKEA items
* went home to rest while Ed and his brother went car viewing
* had dinner at Ruth's Chris (HK) with the two "boys" --> food was expensive, portions were quite big...steak steak steak...Ed's happy though he got the lamp chops...he got some steak from me and his brother
* had lunch with Ed at Crystal Jade : he just loves his xiao long bao and hand-pulled noodles; this is a Shanghainese resto that started in Singapore...found more info about it Wikipedia (Crystal Jade); we ate what we wanted (some noodles, chili dumplings, stewed pork and fried rice) and got to take home some for my own dinner one of these days
* dinner was at Mi-Nei-Sushi : Ed's favorite Jap place in CWB; wherein he can wait for the long line-ups...Ed got to the shop first to get our number at 7pm...we got #55 and it was just #35 on call(!) ...we waited about an hour for our table at the bar; upon getting our seat, we feasted our eyes on some great sushi choices and Ed was happy...quality and food choices are vast and high respectively
* Ed got checked-in to Central's Airport Express
* lunch with Angie, Ed's bro and Ed at Tasty Dumplings & Noodle House
* Ed and I had Ben & Jerry's (IFC) 's Chunk Monkey, Apple Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake ... the large cup and we hung out at IFC Mall while we waited for time before we should treck to the airport...it was awful...knowing the inevitable to come
* We went to the airport around 330pm and we hung out there some more...and since it takes about 45 minutes by Airport Express - we got there past 4pm and we hung out at the airport till Ed went in around 5pm
* I hung out a bit more at the airport - had dinner there while I waited for Ed's flight to fly off - I was done by the time Ed was boarding...very sad but know that this is all just a temporary thing for us...for now
Stumbled across this cute and interesting blog while I was working on this blog today. It's by an expat in Shanghai. I found her blog quite interesting since she talked about her adventures in food and shopping. She recently came to HK and did quite a number on the shopping spree's record. She is obsessed with shoes and bling. It's quite an interesting read. I love to see her shoe purchases and she does seem to be in the race to be the next Imelda Marcos on the shoes department. :)
I also found this really cute dress on her blog that could be a good reference some time down-the-road for me. :)
I love the Carrie, of Sex & The City , quote that she posted - "I've spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!" AND - "Anyone who says money can't buy happiness just doesn't know where to shop"
This girl is such a character! For the full blog, check out My so-called "Expat" Life.
Kit Name: Civilized Punk by ShabbyScrapDesigns/DPatterson (DigizinesDigitalDen)
Notes: Nephew's first steps...with the help of his cabinet, of course. He felt so accomplished when he was supporting himself on that cabinet and his laugher just brings to much joy to all of us when he was doing this that it didn't matter that grandma was assisting him so much! These are the first of the few "great things" that he would be doing in this life. :DTYFL!
accessories (1) activity in a box (2) alendronate (1) alternative births (8) Announcements (9) Arugaan (7) Attachment Parenting (2) baby (75) baby-breastmilk (25) Baby-Led Weaning (3) baby-water (5) babywearing (10) Bali (3) BFP (17) births (8) breastfeeding (35) Butterfly Crafts (4) charity (2) cloth diaper (1) CNN Hero (4) contests (1) CW (6) digitalGinger (2) Digizines (25) Divine Digital (12) Doodleboogs (36) DPH (4) DSJunkie (1) ecowaste (1) events (11) featured (12) Food Trips (34) fosamax (1) Gentle Birth in the Philippines (6) Giveaways (1) golf (2) guest writer (2) hailan (2) hair (1) Hakab N 2014 (2) Hakab Na 2015 (1) HKG birth (8) home births (5) Home Decor (4) Homebirthing in the Philippines (3) Hong Kong (2) hybrid project (2) ibm2014 (3) Ibu Robin Lim (4) instructions (1) JJ Jr (6) kid recommended (5) kid-friendly (5) kids (9) kids activities (4) Krazy Mary (4) L.A.T.C.H. (5) lactation (7) LeahF (14) MCNP (1) Mei Tai (1) Mikki Livanos (19) Milestone (26) Milk Mommy Diaries (5) MKC (53) NatW (7) newborn (8) news coverage (5) Oli's Boxship (1) osteoperosis (1) PageMaps (1) paper projects (1) parent-friendly (6) parties (2) Positive Discipline (1) PP Scrappin (8) pregnancy (9) Product Reviews (4) Puppy (3) recipes (2) remedies (2) Ruxpin (1) scrapbooking (1) Shabby Scrap Designs (18) Stand Up And Scrap (2) SW (3) Sweet Sodypop Designs (7) Travel Guide (6) travel tips (5) Twopeas (4) UN MDG 2014 (4) UNTV (3) Veronica Spriggs (3) videos (2) WatW (19) wedding (10) yolanda (1)