He is the expert in breastfeeding in North America and is considered a "rockstar" in the Breastfeeding Community all over the world. He's done a lot of conference talks and help set-up and certify Mother/Baby Friendly Hospitals all over the world. He's done extensive research in the field of breastfeeding and even upon pregnancy to prepare for a smooth breastfeeding journey. He's written a number of books and his latest and what I have on me is the below. You can read some snippets of his book and I adore and read with gusto each chapter!
The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers Revised and Updated; The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solving Guid... by Random House Publishing Group
I joined Mommy Treat's contest on a whim since I wanted to support a fellow mommy entrepreneur, Paola! Lo and behold, I won!!!
"Sharing this to all my lovely friends online...it is a great opportunity for friends in Manila!!!
I would like to win tickets in support of this momentous event because...
- Dr Jack Newman is the front runner of breastfeeding advocacy in the world!
- he has provided countless support and help/tutorials, on and offline to countless women all over the world regarding proper techniques and advices on breastfeeding. Books, YouTube videos, conferences and seminars are all available for anyone...free!
- University of Toronto is one of the top 3 medical schools in Canada and Dr Jack Newman is an alumni!
- a fellow Canadian immigrant supporting another Canadian immigrant all the way in Manila
- how can I not seize this moment...breastfeeding super star in our midst and at a reasonably great location, at Augusto Barcelon Auditorium, Medical City!
- Lastly, this seminar will better me equip myself in joining in the breastfeeding advocacy in giving women support, educate and spread the word, and breakdown any myths about breastfeeding."
Breastfeeding has become an important part of my life now, most especially when I see the results in front of me through S and comparing my Breastfeeding Journey with C. I have had S heal from colds, snuffles faster (2 days only) then C, who would go through bad coughs and runny noses for about a week or more!?!
As mother, we all make and have made our own choices just like any human being in general.
I, myself, would like educate and give as much information of all other mothers out there regarding breastfeeding and its benefits so I hope it wouldn't be used against me in general for being an adamant defender of breastfeeding women's own choices. AMEN!
I was one of the lucky people who was able to learn a lot from a guru. He discussed a lot about the basics of breastfeeding, jaundice, engorgement, sore nipples, proper latch videos and shared stories of his experiences.
Suffice to say, I enjoyed every moment of the symposium and even if took all day, it was wonderful to be in the midst of so many breastfeeding supporters, mothers, advocates, etc. Empowering, educational and made me decide even more to help as many friends/contacts, etc regarding breastfeeding and babywearing queries.
I also got to have our book signed!!! It came just in time for the symposium all the via from the US via Amazon! The picture above is him signing it. Too bad, S was asleep when we took the picture. She was a very good student during this lecture with wonderful classmates on my left and right sides. :D
See one of his important videos on proper latching...
The symposium was featured in a local station's feature called "Ok ka Doc".
FYI - S and I were caught breastfeeding! Heehee
A fellow Breastfeeding Pinay, Bing, and friend was also able to get the story straight with regards to breastfeeding and hair treatment/coloring/rebonding, etc!
I hope Dr Jack Newman will be coming back to Manila again soon or some time down the road. For more updates on this, if ever, please head to L.A.T.C.H.'s facebook page.
Willll Dr. Jack Newman be coming back to Manila? Stay tuned and like the LATCH Facebook page to stay updated!